Wednesday, June 18, 2014

ADOMAH...

 Anima shook with laughter, and said "Ei Maame, as for you, everyday different story".
 I looked at her with a mock gasp and said "But it's true! He was scrolling down contacts on his phone. He  paused at SWEET WIFE 1 and SWEET WIFE 2. I thought to myself, "his wife has two numbers".
It was ridiculous how I was shamelessly  spying at this man's business on his phone while the bus was moving.( I didn't really feel that bad too. There was really nothing else to do, I was bored and my own cell phone battery was running low). 
After a couple of seconds,quickly, he kissed his teeth, like he had come to the conclusion that calling his wife was a very bad idea and the world could sue him for not calling. Then he went up to contact ADOMAH and called in a voice that was clearly his sexy I'm-about-to-turn-you-the-hell-on!".



At that point, it was everything I could do not to throw my head back and laugh. I mean Diana Asamoah worship tunes were blaring from the radio so it was not a great setting for him kraaa...
He proceeded then to tell ADOMAH how he had missed her and was heading home all by his sad sad self :(. There can't be a more obvious hint than that.(i sat there and rolled my eyes too many times) Anyway after a few mushy words, this man and ADOMAH ended their conversation. He wasn't getting down with ADOMAH tonight.

 NB: He did not call contact:SWEET WIFE 1 or 2.

I thought the whole experience was funny. I still do. it's sad though isn't it? So many couples aren't friends anymore. When life and realities of who we are start to set in. When love or the lack of it is misinterpreted, when pent-up pain turns passion cold. So there you are; the most important part of you, ever present in the MIND and HEART is unable to make you happy anymore. Soon all you have are some really great memories but no power to make them new all over again. You can't call because you are wary of what you will get back. things unsaid, words misinterpreted, escalated conversations, neglect, disrespect.. Yet you remember something familiar that got you here in the first place. The pure, core thing...

I hope he did go home to SWEET WIFE. I hope he would tell her he still loved her. I hope he would say he was sorry if he hurt her in more ways than he meant to. Not because he wasn't trying hard enough, not because he got things wrong every time but because they had something bigger that was worth fighting for. Something bigger than pride or anger. Something bigger than ADOMAH.

 I hope SWEET WIFE 1 and 2 would do same.

2 comments:

  1. I find the situation pathetic. To think marriage is for lovers-people who can't live without each other. It is surprising how they put passwords on phones or how they never leave their call logs and make it a point to delete messages. You cannot be married and live as though you are not. I hope Adomah rejects him till he falls back to Sweet Wife 1&2. And also hope his solution wouldn't be an Adomah- replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Ama, perhaps we never really prepare or we underestimate what we about to step into..when we do.

    ReplyDelete